17 October 2010

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

by Stephanie F. Earls

Something on another note, and a little shorter in honor of short attention spans ;).

My daughter asked me the other night what my favorite movie is. I have a short list, but without hesitation I told her, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

She laughed and said, "no mom,... grown up movie"...and I thought for a second and answered again,
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

It's the best: a little about how to live, a little about how to die. A lot about spirit. A lot about faith. A lot about the magic and perfection we are: finding it (though we always have it), losing it (but we really can't lose it), finding people who'll see it in us and remind us, and sharing it. About being brave enough to keep asking your questions, open hearted enough to hear the answers.  A lot about love. And fun.

It'll warm you and inspire you, perfect for a fall day or night.  :)

"Your life is an occasion, rise to it." (Mr. Magorium)

1 comment: