17 October 2010

My Grandmother

by Stephanie F. Earls

I stepped out for a walk this morning and saw the most beautiful and expansive angel wing of a cloud across the sky. It looked like the path to heaven.  Maybe my grandmother saw it too.

She was born on a 17 and died on a 17. She lived and died strong and with grace. With her final breaths, her eyes opened and a tear rolled down her cheek.  Her loved ones held her and let her know it was ok and that she's loved. My whole life I called her Bumma.

You always had a way of bringing people together on Sundays Bumma, how fitting that we came together today to see you off and feel your blessings.  Thank you for being my grandmother. Thank you for teaching me love. I love you.  love, steph

2 comments:

  1. Steph, so very sorry about your Bumma. Thinking of you and your family...hope to see you soon. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. teresa, thank you for this sweet note and your thoughts. they mean a lot. love, steph

    ReplyDelete